Saginaw Valley Naval Ship Museum
Visitor Tour Tips
- Allow at least 1 to 2 hours for your visit – there is a lot to see on the ship. If you are taking a guided tour, plan on a minimum of 2 hours. Discounted Admission Tickets (such as Groupon, etc.) are valid only for general admission during regular hours. They cannot be used as payment for group tours or paranormal investigations.
- The tours are mostly self-guided. Occasionally, we may have volunteer tour guides available. You will receive a tour guide brochure at the admissions desk to help guide you through the ship.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You will be going up and down ladders and doing a lot of walking. We recommend, for your safety: no heels, sandals, flip flops, or open-toed shoes.
- Purses, backpacks, and diaper bags are not allowed on the ship. Camera bags and bags with medical supplies will be allowed with staff approval.
- Children must be kept close to an adult at all times. It is a large ship with many passages and it is easy to get separated.
- Pets and other animals are not allowed on board. ADA certified Service Dogs are allowed but please note the deck of the ship can get very hot. Dogs will not be allowed to be carried up and down the ladders or in bags for safety reasons.
- Due to the historic nature of the ship, there is no wheelchair or stroller accessibility on the ship. Please contact us at (989) 684-3946 to see what we can do for you.
- For your safety: Be very careful on all ladders and hold onto ladder rails with both hands. Beware of low overheads and knee-knockers (door thresholds). Do not run. Do not touch controls or switches – this is a live ship! Do not cross any chains, closed doors, or play with door handles. Heed all restricted areas and enjoy exploring the USS EDSON.
- Cameras are welcome on board for personal use only. We do recommend that you use a neck or wrist strap while exploring the ship for your safety.
- Talk to the volunteers around the grounds and aboard ship! They will be happy to answer your questions and are full of information on the restoration process. Many are veterans who will also be happy to share their own experiences in the service.
- NO RUNNING
- Visit the gift shop before you leave to purchase a souvenir or two.
- Consider making a donation or purchasing a membership to help support the USS Edson and the Saginaw Valley Naval Ship Museum.
- Visit TripAdvisor.com and rate your visit.
Behaviors that are considered a safety hazard to oneself or to others will result in immediate removal from the ship. No refunds will be provided.
Price and programs subject to change without notice.